EAC Certificate // Certification for ATEX Devices
EAC Certification for Explosive Equipment is performed in accordance with the requirements of the Customs Union Technical Regulations TR CU 012/2011. Explosive equipment is comprised of electrical and non-electrical equipment, machinery and installations used in potentially explosive atmospheres.
The aim of the Technical Regulations TR CU 012/2011 is to prevent and eliminate the risk of explosions in factories and other areas of private and public life. The operation of such equipment has a high risk for people, their property and the environment.
EAC Certification According to TR CU 012/2011
Explosion-proof equipment (Ex Equipment) includes electrical and non-electrical equipment, devices and machinery intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres. The operation of explosion-proof devices and equipment poses an high risk to people, their property and the environment, therefore, the EAC Confirmation with the safety requirements of the Technical Regulations TR CU 012/2011 is necessary.
EAC Certification for explosion-proof equipment is mandatory measure for export to Russia. The Technical Regulations contain safety rules concerning the manufacture, use, composition, storage and transportation of pyrotechnic products and explosives. The aim of Technical Regulations is to ensure the safety of pyrotechnic products and explosives. The aim of the Technical Regulations is to protect the life and health of citizens and their property in the Eurasian Economic Union.
An EAC Certificate for ATEX equipment is a mandatory approval document. This makes EAC Certification a mandatory measure for export to Russia and EEU States. EAC Certification for pyrotechnic products and explosives is carried out in accordance with the legal requirements of the Technical Regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union. The Technical Regulations establish unified safety requirements to the safety of pyrotechnic products and explosives in the Eurasian Economic Union.
Relevant Technical Regulations:
- 006/2011 TR CU - EAC Certification for Pyrotechnic Products
- 012/2011 TR CU - EAC Certification for Explosive Equipment
- 028/2012 TR CU - EAC Certification for Explosives
EAC Certification for ATEX Equipment
An EAC Ex Certificate is a governmental confirmation that the equipment, machine or devices complies with the minimum safety requirements of the Technical Regulations TR CU 012/2011 for explosion-proof Ex Equipment and Ex Devices in Russia and the Eurasian Economic Union (Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Kyrgyzstan). All explosion-proof equipment, devices and machinery containing Ex Components are subject to EAC Certification.
The following product groups are not subject to EAC Ex Certification:
- Medical Technology
- Household Appliances
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Aerial, Road, Rail or Water Vehicles
- Nuclear Research Facilities
- Mobile Offshore Platforms
- Seagoing and Inland Vessels
- Nuclear Weapons
- Drilling Rigs
EAC Ex Equipment is divided into three groups:
- Group I - Equipment for mines, quarries and ore processing plants
- Group II - Equipment for use in areas endangered by gas explosion, except underground mining
- Group III - Equipment for use in areas potentially explosive due to dust, except underground mining
Each individual group is divided into three protection levels of explosion prevention (A, B, C) as well as six classes of fire safety.
The following documents are required for EAC Ex Certification according to TR CU 012/2011:
- Detailed Product Description
- Detailed Description of the Field of Application
- Information about the Manufacturer and Importer
- Information about Packaging and Composition
- Operating and Maintenance Manuals
- Installation Instructions and Instruction Leaflets
- Internal or External Test Records
- Invoice or Proforma Invoice
- Contract with Trading Partner
- Specification of the Contract
- Radiological Examination
- Schematics and Welding Certificates
- Safety Assessment / Risk Analysis
- Certification Matrix for EAC Certification
- Operating Manual for EAC Certification
- Safety Assessment for EAC Certification
- Strength Calculation for EAC Certification
- Safety Data Sheets for EAC Certification
- EAC Ignition Hazard Assessment for EAC Certification
- Acceptance Records and Test Reports
- EAC Pressure Vessel Passport for EAC Certification
- Technical Passport for EAC Certification
- Drawings for EAC Certification
- Certificates for Material and Components
- Existing Certificates (e.g. EAC, GOST, ISO)
- Certificates for the Quality Management System
- Proof of Qualification for Personnel
- Technical EAC Documentations
- Material Inspection Records
- Customs Tariff Number
- ATEX Certificate
In addition, product samples are required for conducting examinations and tests. The number of required product samples depends on the characteristics of the Ex equipment.
Process of EAC Certification for Ex Equipment
The EAC Certification takes place on the analytical basis of technical documents, test protocols and / or the production audit. EAC Certification for explosion-proof equipment is performed only by certification service provider that have been accredited by the Federal Office of Technical Regulations and Metrology.
EAC Ex Certification is performed according to the following Certification Schemes:
- Scheme 1C - EAC EX Certification for serial production
- Scheme 3C - EAC EX Certification for serial delivery
- Scheme 4C - EAC EX Certification for single delivery
Like all other EAC Certificates, the EAC Ex Certificate can be issued for a single delivery or for a serial production for 1 to 5 years. In case of EAC Ex Certification for serial production, product samples are usually sent to the Eurasian Economic Union for the examinations in a testing laboratory or an audit in the manufacturer's production plants is required.
During the testing process, the EAC Conformity of the products according to the standards of the Technical Regulations TR CU 012/2011 is verified. If all the requirements of the Technical Regulations are met, TR CU 012/2011 provides an EAC Certification. The EAC Ex Certificate confirms that the products comply with the requirements of the Customs Union Technical Regulations TR CU 012/2011.
EAC Certification for Pyrotechnic Products and Explosives
The Technical Regulations TR CU 028/2012 on the Safety of Explosives stipulate safety requirements for explosives and products manufactured on their basis as well as related processes of manufacture, use, storage and transportation in the territory of the Eurasian Economic Union. The Technical Regulations TR CU 028/2012 were developed to protect the life and health of citizens and their property.
The following products are subject to the provisions of the Technical Regulations TR CU 028/2012:
- Explosives and Products Manufactured on their Basis for Industrial Use
- Emulsions and Oxidizers Based on Ammonium Nitrate
The Technical Regulations TR CU 006/2011 for the Safety of Pyrotechnic Products contains technical regulations and defines requirements for manufacturers of pyrotechnic products in the Eurasian Economic Union. These regulations are aimed at protecting the lives and health of citizens, animals and plants, property and the environment as well as preventing actions that may misguide consumers.
The pyrotechnic products and fireworks are manufactured in accordance with the provisions of the Technical Regulations TR CU 006/2011. The EAC Certification or EAC Declaration processes for the individual products and product groups are described in detail in Annexes 2, 3 and 5 of the Technical Regulations TR CU 006/2011. The EAC Conformity Certificate for Explosives is issued in compliance with the provisions of TR CU 028/2012 on the Safety of Explosives in the Eurasian Economic Union.
ATEX Marking in EEU States
After obtaining the EAC Ex Certificate, the equipment may be tagged with the EAC Marking. In addition, the group, level and class of explosion protection must be applied to the device. The certified ATEX equipment is labelled with an EAC Mark of the Eurasian Economic Union. Thus, the EAC Conformity with the Technical Regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union is confirmed.
The Ex Marking acknowledges the EAC Conformity with the directives of explosion protection of the Customs Union. For a German or European exporter, this means that his goods can be exported to the entire territory of the Eurasian Economic Union.
Authorized Representation for EAC Certification
The authorized representative must be located in one of the States of the Customs Union. Without a registered office or place of business in the Customs Union of the Eurasian Economic Union, the manufacturer or his representative has no legal basis for handling the EAC Confirmation with the Technical Regulations of the Customs Union. Often the applicant is a business partner or a distributor of the manufacturer from the states of the Eurasian Economic Union. It is necessary to take into account that subsequently only this distributor owns the exclusive right of distribution for the entire Certification Period and must issue an authorization of sales activity for all other distributors.
In such situations, the manufacturer becomes dependent on the business partner who acted as the manufacturer's authorized contracting person during the EAC Certification or EAC Declaration. If you wish to remain independent of individual distributors, we can provide you with a legal contract person. This task can be performed by our Russian branch. After successful EAC Certification, we will issue an authorization of sales activity to all your business partners.
If you wish to remain independent, we can provide a legal contractor. Should you decide over time to part with certain distributors or to engage new distributors, we will assist you in all your decisions and withdraw or recreate the authorization of sales activity accordingly.
Duration of EAC Certification for ATEX Devices
The obtaining time for the EAC Certificate varies greatly depending on the product type. In most cases, it takes about 70 to 90 working days to issue the EAC Ex Certificate. For detailed information about EAC Certificate for pyrotechnic products, Ex equipment or explosives, please contact us.
Legal Basis of EAC Certification for ATEX Devices
EAC Ex Certification is carried out in the Eurasian Economic Union in accordance with the provisions of the Technical Regulations TR CU 012/2011 - on the Safety of Explosion-Proof Equipment and Devices. In many aspects, EAC Ex Certification in the EEU States is similar to the European ATEX Certification according to RL/2014/34/EU and RL/94/9/EC.
Still, there are significant differences between the regulations of RL/2014/34/EU and RL/94/9/EC and TR CU 012/2011. ATEX Certification according to RL/2014/34/EU and RL/94/9/EC can therefore significantly facilitate, but not completely replace an EAC Ex Certification according to TR CU 012/2011.
We offer the following services to our customers:
- Performance of EAC Certification for ATEX Devices and ATEX Equipment
- Production of Technical Passports for ATEX Devices and ATEX Equipment
- Consulting regarding EAC Marking for ATEX Devices and ATEX Equipment
- Consulting regarding EAC Certification for ATEX Devices and ATEX Equipment
- Preparation of Ignition Hazard Assessment for ATEX Devices and ATEX Equipment
For more information regarding EAC Certification for ATEX devices, please do not hesitate to contact us.