EAC Certificate for Clothing and Shoes
An EAC Certificate for Clothing and Footwear confirms to the manufacturer that his products comply to the Unified Technical Regulations of the Customs Union (TR CU/TR EEU). The EAC Conformity is verified with an EAC Certificate or an EAC Declaration. An EAC Certificate is an official proof of the EEU States of compliance with the standards and allows export to Russia and EEU states.
EAC Certification for textiles, footwear, clothing and leather goods is carried out in accordance with the provisions of the EEU States Technical Regulations. The Technical Regulations define safety requirements for chemical, biological and mechanical properties of light industry products. The aim of the Technical Regulations (TR CU/TR EEU) is to protect the life and health of citizens and their property in the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU States).
EAC Certification for Clothing and Textiles
When exporting clothing, footwear or textiles to Russia and the states of the Eurasian Economic Union (Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan), various EAC Product Certifications are required. Clothing, footwear and textiles have to be approved in accordance with the provisions of the EAC Technical Regulations prior to importation into the Common Territory of the Eurasian Economic Union. For the EAC Proof of Conformity for garments, textiles and footwear, either EAC Certification, EAC Declaration or State Registration has to be applied depending on the product type.
Relevant Technical Regulations:
- 007/2011 TR CU - EAC Certification of Products for Children
- 017/2011 TR CU - EAC Certification for Clothing and Footwear
- 019/2011 TR CU - EAC Certification for Personal Protective Equipment
Differentiation of Clothing, Textiles and Footwear
In the EAC Approval of Clothing, Textiles and Footwear, three layers have to be differentiated depending on the area of application and contact with the human body:
1st layer: products in which there is direct contact with human skin, e.g. bed linen, underwear, swimwear, etc...
2nd layer: products where there is limited contact with human skin, e.g. dresses, shirts, pants, skirts, etc...
3rd layer: products worn above layer II garments, e.g. coats, jackets and similar products...
EAC Certification of clothing and textiles is required for many product groups, e.g. clothing, sportswear, footwear, textiles, home textiles, carpets and floor coverings, leather goods, felt cloth and non-wovens fabrics, furs and fur products, leather and leather goods, imitation leather, tablecloths, kitchen towels and handkerchiefs, hand towels and bath towels, scarves and shawls etc...
The EAC Certification for textiles, clothing and footwear is carried out in accordance with the provisions of the Technical Regulations TR CU 017/2011 - On the Safety of Light Industry Products. For each product there are detailed regulations of EAC Conformity Assessment and the extent of required proof of conformity.
EAC Certificate for Clothing and Footwear
According to the requirements of Technical Regulations, the following products are subject to EAC Certification:
- Stocking Products
- Sleeves and Leg Wear
EAC Certification Schemes for Clothing, Textiles and Footwear
- 1C, 2C - EAC Certification for Serial Supply
- 3C - EAC Certification for Serial Production
EAC Declaration for Clothing and Footwear
According to the provisions of the Technical Regulations, the following products are subject to EAC Declaration:
- Layer II Knitwear
- Layer II and III Clothing
- Clothing made of Leather and Fur
- Fabrics and Materials
- Shoes, Except Felt Shoes
- Carpets and Floor Coverings
EAC Declaration Schemes for Clothing, Textiles and Footwear
- 1D, 3D, 6D - EAC Declaration for Serial Delivery
- 2D, 4D - EAC Declaration for Serial Production
Process of the EAC Certification for Clothing, Textiles and Footwear
EAC Certification is carried out on the basis of product samples, product descriptions and test protocols by accredited certification organizations.
The following documents and records are required for EAC Certification / EAC Declaration:
- Detailed Product Description
- Original Product Name
- Product Composition
- Test Records
- Technical Operating Documents
- Information on Raw Materials and Accessories
- Copy of ISO Certificates, If Available
- Certificate of Origin
- Customs Tariff Number
- Certificates such as CE, ISO, DIN, GOST, EAC or CB
In addition, other documents and records may be required in certain cases.
EAC Labeling of Clothing and Footwear
EAC Certified or EAC Declared Products are labelled with an EAC Marking of the EEU States. Thus, EAC Conformity with the Technical Regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union (TR CU) is confirmed. The EAC Mark must be clearly legible.
The label must contain the following information:
- Product Name
- EAC Mark of Conformity
- Date of Manufacture
- Serial Number
- Country of Origin
- Care Instructions
Additional information required for clothing and textile goods:
- Type and Percentage of Natural and Man-Made Fibers
- Care Symbols and Care Characteristics
Additional Information required for shoes:
- Shoe Model
- Upper Material
- Sole Material
- Shoe Care
The indications and information must be available to consumers either in the Russian Language or in the official language of the participating state of the Eurasian Economic Union. Placing goods and products on the market without appropriate EAC Marking may be punished by a heavy fine and confiscation of the product. We recommend that our customers study the marking regulations in detail.
EAC Certification for Children's Clothing
For EAC Certification of Children's Clothing and Footwear, special regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union Technical Regulations TR CU 007/2011 - On the Safety of Products for Children and Adolescents apply. The requirements for children's clothing, children's footwear and other children's products are stipulated through the provisions of the Technical Regulation TR CU 007/2011.
Before exporting to Russia and EEU States, the mandatory EAC Conformity Assessment is carried out under the provisions of the Technical Regulations TR ZU 007/2011. EAC Approval grants market access to the EAC markets for the manufacturer.
For the EAC Conformity Assessment of children's products, the following procedures are provided:
- EAC Certification
- EAC Declaration
- SGR Registration
Subject to EAC Certification according to TR CU 007/2011 are:
- Bed Linen for Children and Adolescents
- Underwear for Children and Adolescents
- Stockings for Children and Teenagers
- Outerwear for Children and Teenagers
- Headgear for Children up to 1 Year
- Outerwear for Children up to 1 Year
- Shoes for Children and Adolescents
Subject to EAC Declaration in accordance with TR CU 007/2011 are:
- Outerwear for Children from 1 Year
- Winter Headgear made of Fur and Fabric for Children from 1 Year
- Satchels and Bags
- Shoes Made of Wool
Subject to State Registration are:
- Underwear for Children up to 3 Years
- Knitted Stocking Products for Children up to 3 Years
- Summer Headwear for Children up to 3 Years
EAC Marking of Children's Clothing
EAC Labeling for children's products and children's goods must include the following statements and information:
- Country of Origin
- EAC Marking
- Name of the Manufacturer
- Address of the Manufacturer
- Authorized Representative
- Name of the Product
- Intended Use of the Product
- Date of Manufacture of the Product
- Durability of the Product
EAC Certification of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
The EAC Certification of Personal Protective Equipment is governed by the provisions of the Technical Regulation TR CU 019/2011 On the Safety of Personal Protective Equipment.
The following PPE is subject to EAC Certification:
- Personal Protective Equipment for Protection Against Mechanical Impact
- Personal Protective Equipment for Protection Against Effects of Temperature
- Personal Protective Equipment for Protection Against Industrial Pollution
- Personal Protective Equipment for Protection Against the Effects of Electric Current
- Personal Protective Equipment for Protection Against the Effects of Electric or Electromagnetic Fields
- Personal Protective Equipment for Protection Against Chemical Agents
- Personal Protective Equipment for Protection Against Radiation
- Special Clothing to Increase Visibility
The EAC Proof of Conformity is obtained in accordance with the provisions of the Technical Regulations TR CU 019/2011 - On the Safety of Personal Protective Equipment through EAC Certification and EAC Declaration. EAC Certification is granted for suits designed to protect against mineral oil, lyes, acids and high or low temperatures.
The EAC Declaration is prescribed for safety footwear, protective suits against non-toxic dust, water and industrial dust.
Schemes for EAC Certification for PPE
- 1C, 5C, 6C - EAC Certification for Serial Supply
- 3C - EAC Certification for Serial Production
- 4C - EAC Certification for Single Production
Schemes for EAC Declaration for PPE
- 1D, 3D - EAC Declaration for Serial Delivery
- 2D - EAC Declaration for Serial Production
- 4D - EAC Declaration for Single Production
EAC Marking of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Products that have successfully been EAC certified are equipped with the EAC Mark of Conformity. The EAC Mark should be applied to each production unit, packaging and accompanying document.
Minimum requirements for EAC Marking:
- Good Legibility
- Legible with the Naked Eye
- Dimensions of at least 5 mm
- Monochrome Color Scheme
- Clear Color Contrast with the Surface
The EAC Marking for Personal Protective Equipment must be applied to the product itself, to the packaging and to the instructions for use. The EAC Marking must remain clearly visible and legible throughout the use cycle. In the case of protective equipment consisting of several parts, each individual part must be marked.
Duration and Cost of EAC Certification
Applying for an EAC Certificate of Conformity is a time-consuming and costly process. The composition of the costs depends on various factors. The exact processes of EAC Certification / EAC Declaration are always planned and carried out on a product-specific basis. The creation time for the EAC Certificate / EAC Declaration varies greatly depending on the product type.
In most cases, about 20 to 30 working days are required. For detailed information about EAC Conformity confirmation, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Authorized Contracting Person for EAC Certification
The Eurasian Economic Union regulations require that the manufacturer must have a registered office in the Common Economic Territory in order to apply for EAC Certification or EAC Declaration. If the manufacturer does not have an establishment in the EEU States, an authorized representative of the manufacturer is therefore often required to conduct EAC Certification Processes in the Customs Union.
Normally, a business partner of the manufacturer from the EEU states acts as the applicant. It is necessary to take into account that afterwards only this partner has an exclusive right of distribution for the entire certification period and must issue an authorization of sales activity for all other distributors. In such situations, the manufacturer becomes dependent on his business partner who acted as the authorized contractual person of the manufacturer during the EAC Certification or EAC Declaration.
We advice you to remain independent of your individual distributors. Therefore, we will provide you with a legal contract person. This task can be performed by our Russian branch in Moscow or Novosibirsk. After successful certification, we will issue an authorization of distribution activities to all of your business partners. If you decide to part with individual distributors or to engage new ones, we will assist you in all your decisions and accordingly withdraw or recreate the authorization. For detailed information regarding the position of a contract person, please contact us.
We offer the following services to our customers:
- Performance of EAC Certification for Textiles, Clothing and Footwear
- Performance of EAC Declaration for Textiles, Clothing and Footwear
- Consulting for EAC Declaration for Textiles, Clothing and Footwear
- Consulting for EAC Certification for Textiles, Clothing and Footwear
- Consulting for EAC Labeling for Textiles, Clothing and Footwear
For further information regarding EAC Certification of Textiles, Clothing and Footwear, please do not hesitate contact us.