EAC Declaration / Declaration for Russia
The EAC Declaration for Russia and Eurasian Economic Union is a confirmation that the declared products meet the minimum safety requirements of the Technical Regulations (TR CU) of the EEU Member States and are safe for consumers. For a German or European exporter, this means that he can export and sell his goods to Russia and all Member States of the Eurasian Economic Union without any problems.
An EAC Declaration or an EAC Certificate is registered in the Unified Register of EEU States by a certification organization located in EEU States. EAC Registration in the Unified Register of EEU States is a mandatory measure for placing products on the EAC Market of the Eurasian Economic Union.
EAC Declaration for Various Product Groups
For a German or European manufacturer or exporter, the EAC Declaration or EAC Certificate means that the declared or certified products can be exported and sold throughout the entire territory of the Eurasian Economic Union. As a rule, no further national approvals or EAC Declarations such as GOST-R for Russia, GOST-K for Kazakhstan or GOST-B for Belarus are required, but there are various exceptions.
EAC Declarations are created for different product groups:
- Declaration for Machinery and Equipment
- Declaration for Furniture and Home Accessories
- Declaration for Electrical Engineering
- Declaration for Explosive Equipment
- Declaration for Food and Nutritional Supplements
- Declaration for Perfumes and Cosmetics
- Declaration for Textiles, Clothing and Shoes
- Declaration for Packaging and Materials
- Declaration for Chemicals and Fuels
- Declaration for Vehicles and Car Parts
- Declaration for Pressure Equipments
Application of the EAC Declaration
The assessment of EAC Conformity with the Eurasian Economic Union safety requirements is based on test protocols and sample products. According to the provisions of the TR EEU Technical Regulations, registration of an EAC Declaration can only be done by an applicant resident in the EEU States.
Therefore, the authorized representation becomes necessary. As a solution for this matter, we can provide services of a contract person in EEU States. The requirements of the Technical Regulations clearly define whether it is necessary to issue an EAC Certification or an EAC Declaration for a certain product. EAC Declaration for serial production can be obtained for a period of 1 to 5 years whereas EAC Declaration for single deliveries is always done on product basis.
Process of the EAC Declaration
EAC Declaration is carried out by the manufacturer, the importer or an authorized person/contractor and entered into the Unified Register of EEU States. For handling the EAC Declaration, various EAC Declaration schemes are used. Basically, a distinction is made between EAC Declaration for serial production and EAC Declaration for single delivery.
Process of the EAC Declaration:
- Assessment of Conformity with the EAC Norm
- Selection of the Procedures for the Conformity Assessment
- Submission of Documents
- Testing and Analysis
- Issuance of the EAC Declaration
EAC Declaration Schemes
Several EAC Declaration schemes are included in the Technical Regulations of the EEU States. The applied EAC Declaration schemes are selected depending on the specifics of the products, the scope of delivery and the type of production. The EAC Declaration schemes are comparable to the CE Conformity assessment modules according to the EU Directive 768/2008/EC.
EAC Certification for EEU Countries
The EAC Certification designates the products that comply with the safety requirements of the Technical Regulations of EEU States. The goods whose EAC Conformity with the Requirements of Technical Regulations has been confirmed by EAC Certification, EAC Approval or EAC Declaration can be sold throughout the customs territory of all member States of the Eurasian Economic Union.
Normally, national approvals such as GOST Certificate or TR CU Certificate are not required. EAC Certification is done in accordance with the Technical Regulations of Eurasian Economic Union for different product groups. EAC Certification is regulated by the EAC Standardization System of the EEU States and can only be carried out by certification service providers located in the EEU Member States.
Process of the EAC Certification:
- Application to a Certification Organization
- Classification of Products and Samples
- Testing and Analysis
- Production Audit
- Issuance of the Certificate
Documents for EAC Declaration
Depending on the security requirements of the Customs Union Technical Regulations, different documents and records are required for conducting an EAC Declaration and EAC Certification.
The following documents are required for EAC Declaration:
- Detailed Product Description
- Detailed Description of the Field of Application
- Information about the Manufacturer and Importer
- Information about Packaging and Composition
- Operating and Maintenance Manuals
- Installation Instructions and Instruction Leaflets
- Internal or External Test Records
- Invoice or Proforma Invoice
- Contract with Trading Partner
- Specification of the Contract
- Radiological Examination
- Schematics and Welding Certificates
- Safety Assessment / Risk Analysis
- Certification Matrix for EAC Certification
- Operating Manual for EAC Certification
- Safety Assessment for EAC Certification
- Strength Calculation for EAC Certification
- Safety Data Sheets for EAC Certification
- EAC Ignition Hazard Assessment for EAC Certification
- Acceptance Records and Test Reports
- EAC Pressure Vessel Passport for EAC Certification
- Technical Passport for EAC Certification
- Drawings for EAC Certification
- Certificates for Material and Components
- Existing Certificates (e.g. EAC, GOST, ISO)
- Certificates for the Quality Management System
- Proof of Qualification for Personnel
- Technical EAC Documentations
- Material Inspection Records
- Customs Tariff Number
Depending on the product type and the Technical Regulations, additional documentation may be required. If you have any further questions about EAC Certification or EAC Declaration, do not hesitate to contact us.
Content of the EAC Declaration
The following information is included in the EAC Declaration:
- Address of the Manufacturer
- Headquarters of the Manufacturer
- Name of the Manufacturer
- Name of the Declared Products
- Information of the Certification Organization
- Information about the applied Technical Regulations
- Information From the Testing Institution
- Registration Number
- Validity Period
- Customs Tariff Number
EAC Certificate vs. EAC Declaration
In addition to the EAC Declaration, it is also possible to confirm EAC Conformity with an EAC Certification. An EAC Certificate officially confirms to the German exporter that the products certified by the EAC comply with the regulations of the EEU Technical Regulations. Products that are liable to Certification and Declaration are handled in accordance with the provisions of the Eurasian Economic Union Commission Decision N620 of April 7, 2011, and are subject to mandatory certification or declaration.
EAC Certification and EAC Declaration are differentiated by several criteria:
- Application either by the Manufacturer or the Contract Person
- Registration of the Conformity Certificates
- Validity Period of the Declaration Documents
- Need for External Surveillance
- Classification of Products and Goods
- Necessity of Inspection Controls
- Methods of Conformity Assessment
- Quality Assurance of Products
An EAC Certificate or EAC Declaration confirms to the manufacturer that the products comply with the Unified Technical Regulations of the Customs Union (TR CU) of the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU). This EAC Conformity is attested by an EAC Certificate, EAC Approval or EAC Declaration.
An EAC Declaration confirms the compliance with the minimum safety requirements of the EEU States Technical Regulations. An EAC Declaration is printed on a DIN A4 sheet in a form prescribed by law. The EAC Declaration of Conformity is based on the information of the manufacturer or importer and thus declares the accordance with the Regulations of the Technical Regulations of the EEU States.
The EAC Declaration is an acknowledgement of EAC Conformity by the producer, importer or authorized representative that the goods meet the requirements of the Technical Regulations of the EEU States. All required testing is done by the manufacturer. The responsibility for quality assurance, however, lies with the applicant. EAC Declarations and EAC Certificates are issued either for single delivery or for serial deliveries for a period of 1 to 5 years. EAC Certification and EAC Declaration can be issued simultaneously in accordance with the provisions of more than one set of Regulations.
An EAC Certificate for Russia certifies compliance with the regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union Technical Regulations. Confirmation of EAC Conformity and quality assurance of products is conducted by the certification service provider. Thus, the responsibility for the quality of products lies with the manufacturer and with the certification service provider. An EAC Certificate is printed on an official certification template. Unlike the EAC Declaration, products that require an EAC Certificate must be tested for quality and compliance with Technical Regulations at an accredited testing laboratory located in the Eurasian Economic Union.
In addition to the products that require an EAC Certification or EAC Declaration, some goods can be certified on a voluntary basis. In this case, the manufacturer can choose for himself according to which standards the products will be declared. In Russia this is usually GOST R, in Kazakhstan GOST K and in Belarus GOST R. The EAC Certification and EAC Declaration processes can only be carried out by certification organizations located in the EEU and accredited by EEU authorities. Therefore, German or European manufacturers have to engage a contract person for EAC Certification.
All documents and records must be submitted in Russian or in the official language of the respective EEU member State. EAC Certificates and EAC Declarations are recognized in all member States of the Eurasian Economic Union. An EAC Certificate can be issued based on a single contract or on serial production.
Duration and Validity of EAC Declaration
The processes of EAC Declaration and EAC Certification are planned and carried out individually. The application for EAC Declaration and EAC Certification may take several weeks to complete. The validity period of EAC Declarations, EAC Approvals and EAC Certificates can also differ. In general, an EAC Certificate or Declaration can be issued and registered for a period of 1 to 5 years. For further information on EAC Declaration, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Cost of the EAC Declaration
The cost and duration of an EAC Declaration is dependent on several factors:
- Properties of the Products
- Number of Investigations
- Number of Test Protocols
- Complexity of Investigations
- Composition of Products
For detailed information regarding the cost and implementation of EAC Declaration, please contact us.
Application of the EEU Rules and Regulations
EAC Certifications and EAC Declarations mark the products that comply with the safety requirements of EEU Member States' Technical Regulations. The products with the approved EAC Conformity, can be sold in the entire customs territory of EEU States. As a rule, no other certificates of conformity, such as GOST Certification or TR CU Certification, are required.
Safety Requirements of TR EEU Guidelines
Currently, there are 49 Technical Regulations of the EEU States. Each set of rules is meant for a specific product group and describes the minimum safety requirements and methods of EAC Approval. The aim of the Technical Regulations is to ensure the health and safety of life of the citizens of the EEU States.
The designation of CU/EEU Regulations is composed as follows:
- For example: TR-CU/EEU-XXX/XXXX
- TR stands for Technical Regulations
- СU stands for Customs Union
- EEU stands for Eurasian Economic Union
- The first three Digits Represent the Number of the Technical Regulations
- The last four Digits Represent the Decision Year of the Technical Regulations
There are 49 Technical Regulations in total. For almost every industry, the application of Technical Regulations is stipulated.
Technical Regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union:
- 001/2011 TR CU - Safety of Rail Vehicles
- 002/2011 TR CU - Safety of High-Speed Trains
- 003/2011 TR CU - Safety of Railway Infrastructure
- 004/2011 TR CU - Safety of Low Voltage Equipment
- 005/2011 TR CU - Safety of Packaging
- 006/2011 TR CU - Safety of Pyrotechnic Products
- 007/2011 TR CU - Safety of Products for Children
- 008/2011 TR CU - Safety of for Toys
- 009/2011 TR CU - Safety of Perfume and Cosmetics
- 010/2011 TR CU - Safety of Machinery and Equipment
- 011/2011 TR CU - Safety of Elevators
- 012/2011 TR CU - Safety of Explosive Equipment
- 013/2011 TR CU - Safety of Fuels
- 014/2011 TR CU - Safety of Highways
- 015/2011 TR CU - Safety of Grain
- 016/2011 TR CU - Safety of Gaseous Fuels
- 017/2011 TR CU - Safety of Clothing and Footwear
- 018/2011 TR CU - Safety of Vehicles and Car Parts
- 019/2011 TR CU - Safety of Personal Protective Equipment
- 020/2011 TR CU - Safety of Electromagnetic Compatibility
- 021/2011 TR CU - Safety of Foodstuffs
- 022/2011 TR CU - Marking of Food
- 023/2011 TR CU - Safety of Fruit and Vegetable Juices
- 024/2011 TR CU - Safety of Oil and Fat Products
- 025/2012 TR CU - Safety of Furniture and Home Accessories
- 026/2012 TR CU - Safety of Small Vessels
- 027/2012 TR CU - Safety of Specialized Food Products
- 028/2012 TR CU - Safety of Explosives
- 029/2012 TR CU - Safety of Food Additives
- 030/2012 TR CU - Safety of Special Liquids
- 031/2012 TR CU - Safety of Agricultural Tractors
- 032/2013 TR CU - Safety of Pressure Equipment
- 033/2013 TR CU - Safety of Milk and Dairy Products
- 034/2013 TR CU - Safety of Meat and Meat Products
- 035/2014 TR CU - Safety of Tobacco Products
- 036/2016 TR EEU - Safety of Hydrocarbon Gas
- 037/2016 TR EEU - Safety of Hazardous Substances
- 038/2016 TR EEU - Safety of Attractions
- 039/2016 TR EEU - Safety of Mineral Fertilizers
- 040/2017 TR EEU - Safety of Fish and Fish Products
- 041/2017 TR EEU - Safety of Chemicals
- 042/2017 TR EEU - Safety of Specialized Equipment
- 043/2017 TR EEU - Safety of Fire Protection Products
- 044/2017 TR EEU - Safety of Mineral Water
- 045/2017 TR EEU - Safety of Mineral Oil Products
- 046/2018 TR EEU - Safety of Natural Gas Products
- 047/2018 TR EEU - Safety of Products Containing Alcohol
- 048/2019 TR EEU - Safety and Energy Efficiency of Electrical Appliances
- 049/2020 TR EEU - Safety of Long-Distance Pipelines
Furthermore, the following Technical Regulations are planned:
- EAC Approval of Buildings and Structures
- EAC Approval of Energy Efficiency for Electrical Equipment and Facilities
- EAC Approval of Poultry Meat
- EAC Approval of Products for Civil Defense
- EAC Approval of Products Made from Coal
- EAC Approval of Pipelines for the Transport of Hydrocarbons
- EAC Approval of Varnishes and Paints
- EAC Approval of Synthetic Detergents and Household Products
- EAC Approval of Passenger Transport
- EAC Approval of Metro Vehicles
- EAC Approval of High-Voltage Equipment
- EAC Approval of Animal Feed and Feed Additives
- EAC Approval of Measuring Instruments
EAC declared products must be tagged with an EAC Marking of the Eurasian Economic Union. EAC Marking is carried out in compliance with the Provisions of the Technical Regulations of the Customs Union and with the Decision of the Commission of the Eurasian Economic Union No. 711 of July 15, 2011. The EAC Marking asserts the EAC Conformity of products with the Technical Regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU States). The EAC Marking is a basic prerequisite for placing products on the market. Placing products on the market without EAC Marking can be punished with a heavy fine and the confiscation of the unmarked products. We recommend taking the EAC Labeling of EAC Declared and EAC Certified Products seriously to avoid problems with authorities later.
Authorized Representation for EAC Declaration
In order to apply for and complete the EAC Declaration and EAC Certification process, an Authorized Representative for EAC Declaration of the manufacturer is necessary. The authorized representative must be located in one of the member States of the Customs Union. Without company headquarters in the Eurasian Economic Union, a manufacturer or his representative has no legal basis for handling the validation of EAC Conformity. Therefore, a representative of the manufacturer authorized in the territory of the Customs Union will be provided for organizing the alignment of norm and standard.
The authorized representative of the producer registers and guides the processes of EAC Declaration and he also represents the legal interests of the producers. Thus, the producer gains a high degree of flexibility since only the applicant/authorized person is allowed to import the goods according to the Eurasian Economic Union Regulations. Our Russian branch, which can act as the authorized representative, will be happy to draw up an authorization for all of the manufacturer's business partners to carry out the export procedures. This way, the manufacturer will not be bound to the individual business partners and will be able to conduct its sales activities independently from the individual distributors.
Legal Basis of EAC Declaration
The legal basis of EAC Declaration and EAC Certification was laid by the Decision on Technical Regulation in the Customs Union of June 18, 2010, N319, the Decision on Unified Standardization within the Customs Union of April 7, 2011, N620, and the Treaty on the Establishment of the Eurasian Economic Union. This harmonized the norms and standards of individual states such as GOST-R, GOST-B or GOST-K into a single system of Custom Union Technical Regulations. The EAC Declaration processes are applied for and carried out in all participating states of the Eurasian Economic Union according to the same principle. The legal basis for this is the Establishment of Unified Forms for the Preparation of Documents within the Customs Union of December 9, 2011, N896.
As a result of harmonization of national safety standards of EEU States, new Technical Regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union - TR CU/TR EEU were introduced for each industry. This introduced a new type of EAC Conformity assessment - EAC Certification and EAC Declaration - in the EEU Member States.
We offer the following services to our customers:
- Performance of EAC Declaration for Russia
- Performance of EAC Certification for Russia
- Consulting regarding EAC Marking for Russia
- Consulting regarding EAC Declaration for EEU States
- Consulting regarding EAC certification for EEU States
For further information regarding EAC Declaration, please do not hesitate to contact us.