Fire Safety EAC Certification for the EEU States
A number of product groups, such as equipment, machinery, various cables, building materials or floor coverings, are subject to governmental EAC Fire Safety Certification. An EAC Fire Safety Certificate is a governmental confirmation that the certified products comply with Russian Fire Safety Standards. The safety of the products in terms of fire resistance and emission of toxic gases must be guaranteed.
With an EAC Fire Safety Certificate for Russia, the German and European manufacturers will be able to export the EAC certified products to Russia and EEU States.
EAC Fire Safety Certificate
The detailed information for EAC Fire Safety Certification for Russia is defined in the Regulation N241 of March 2009 and in the Technical Regulation TR EEU 043/2017. Fire Safety Certification in the Russian Federation is carried out only by institutions accredited by the Russian MTS Ministry (Ministry of Emergencies and Special Situations). The requirements for EAC Fire Safety Certification in order to ensure the safety of means and equipment for fire protection and fire fighting are defined in the Technical Regulations of the Customs Union TR EEU 043/2017.
Application of the TR EEU 043/2017 Technical Regulations
The Technical Regulations TR EEU 043/2017 - On the Safety of Fire Protection and Fire Fighting Equipment stipulates unified rules concerning the safety of fire protection and fire fighting equipment in the Eurasian Economic Union. The Technical Regulations TR EEU 043/2017 - On the Safety of Fire Protection and Fire Fighting Equipment serve to protect the life, health and property of citizens within the participating states of the Eurasian Economic Union. In addition, the Technical Regulation TR EEU 043/2017 serves to protect the environment, conserve resources and ensure energy efficiency.
EAC Fire Safety Certification in Russia and EEU States
In order to affirm the conformity with the EAC Certification according to the Technical Regulations TR EEU 043/2017 - On the Safety of Fire Protection and Fire Fighting Equipment, several conformity methods are provided. The EAC Certification can be done according to schemes 1c, 3c or 4c. The EAC Declaration can be performed according to schemes 3d, 4d, and 6d.
The following documents are required for EAC Certification in accordance with TR EEU 043/2017:
- Detailed Product Description
- Detailed Description of the Field of Application
- Information about the Manufacturer and the Importer
- Information Packaging and Components
- Operating and Maintenance Manuals
- Installation Instructions and Instruction Leaflet
- Internal or External Test Records
- Invoice or Proforma Invoice
- Contract with Trading Partner
- Specification of the Contract
- Radiological Examination
- Schematics and Welding Certificates
- Safety Proofs / Risk Analysis
- Certification Matrix for EAC Certification
- Operating Manual for EAC Certification
- Safety Assessment for EAC Certification
- Strength Calculation for EAC Certification
- Safety Data Sheets for EAC Certification
- EAC Ignition Hazard Assessment for EAC Certification
- Acceptance Records and Test Reports
- EAC Pressure Vessel Passport for EAC Certification
- Technical Passport for EAC Certification
- Drawings for EAC Certification
- Certificates for Material and Components
- Existing Certificates, such as ISO, DIN, CE, GOST, EAC
- Certificates for the Quality Management System
- Proof of Qualification for Personnel
- Technical EAC Documentations
- Material Inspection Records
- Customs Tariff Number
After providing all the required documents and sample products to the testing laboratory, the testing of the products will be carried out. If the goods have successfully passed all the tests, a fire safety certificate is issued. The EAC Certificate is a state-certified declaration of conformity of the products with the Russian standard regulations. Please note that an audit is required for certain product groups.
EAC Fire Safety Marking
The EAC certified products are marked with an EAC Marking of the Customs Union. Thus, EAC Conformity with the Technical Regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union is confirmed. The products certified as fire safe have to be tagged with the fire safety marking.
Duration and Cost of Fire Safety Certification
Depending on the project, the duration of the process for EAC Certification or EAC Declaration of means for fire protection and fire fighting in accordance with the Technical Regulations TR EEU 043/2017 varies greatly. In most cases, approximately 50 working days are required for the preparation of the EAC Certificate or EAC Declaration according to TR EEU 043/2017. For detailed information regarding EAC Certification or EAC Declaration according to TR EEU 043/2017, please contact us.
Legal Situation and Validity of Fire Safety Certification
Fire Safety Certificates are issued for 1 to 5 years. The legal basis of EAC Fire Safety Certification is Regulation N241 of March 2009 and the Technical Regulation TR EEU 043/2017. After the successful certification process, the customer receives a digital version of the fire safety certificate by email. The original Fire Protection Certificate is sent to the customer by insured document shipment. The digital version contains all the necessary information to process the exports.
We offer the following services to our customers:
- Performance of EAC Fire Safety Certification for Russia
- Consulting for EAC Fire Safety Certification for Russia
- Performance of voluntary EAC Fire Safety Certification for Russia
- Consulting for voluntary EAC Fire Safety Certification for Russia
- Consulting for EAC Labeling of Products at Risk of Fire
For further information regarding EAC Fire Safety Certification, please do not hesitate to contact us.