Inspections for EAC Certification
After successful EAC Certification, a periodic inspection check is required in order to comply with the Technical Regulations of the EEU States. These checks prove that the product continues to meet the minimum safety requirements of the Technical Regulations of the EEU States.
Furthermore, it must be verified that the product is properly marked with an EAC Mark of Conformity. For the purpose of renewal and preservation of EAC Conformity, EAC Inspection Controls are required according to the provisions of the Eurasian Economic Union Technical Regulations. The inspection control is performed by the certification organization that issued the EAC Certificate.
EAC Inspection for Various Products
Inspection control is a systematic and continuously repeated conformity assessment. Based on inspection controls, the preservation of EAC Conformity is guaranteed. Inspection controls are provided for EAC Certificates only; no external monitoring of EAC Compliance and EAC Marking is required for EAC Declarations. Inspection checks are normally performed annually, but no sooner than 6 months after the initial EAC Certification.
Inspection controls are required for EAC Certification according to the following Technical Regulations:
- TR CU 004/2011 - Safety of Low Voltage Equipment
- TR CU 007/2011 - Safety of Products for Children
- TR CU 008/2011 - Safety of Toys
- TR CU 010/2011 - Safety of Machinery and Equipment
- TR CU 011/2011 - Safety of Elevators
- TR CU 012/2011 - Safety of Explosive Equipment
- TR CU 016/2011 - Safety of Gaseous Fuels
- TR CU 017/2011 - Safety of Light Industry Products
- TR CU 018/2011 - Safety of Wheeled Means of Transport
- TR CU 019/2011 - Safety of Personal Protective Equipment
- TR CU 020/2011 - Safety of Electromagnetic Compatibility
- TR CU 025/2012 - Safety of Furniture and Home Accessories
- TR CU 031/2012 - Safety of Agricultural Tractors
- TR CU 032/2013 - Safety of Pressure Equipment
Performance of Inspection Control
Inspection controls are performed in accordance with the provisions of GOST Standard: GOST 31815-2012 - Conformity Assessment; the process of the inspection control is stipulated in the certification procedure. The periodical inspection controls are carried out to retain the EAC Certification. The procedure of the inspection control varies greatly depending on the type of product and the provisions of the Technical Regulations. Inspection controls can be carried out through the assessment of the factory site, through a production audit or the testing of sample products. During this process, the characteristics of the products and the production condition are examined.
Results of Inspection Control
The results of the inspection control are summarized in an expert opinion. Based on the opinion, an assessment and a decision are made as to whether or not EAC Compliance continues. If deficiencies are found during the inspection, individual corrective actions are listed in the expert opinion. If the conditions of the extension of EAC Conformity are not met, a negative opinion is issued and EAC Conformity is withdrawn.
Revocation of EAC Conformity
The certification organization makes the decision on the renewal or withdrawal of EAC Conformity Assessment based on the inspection control.
Possible reasons for withdrawal of EAC Conformity:
- Change in Designs
- Change in Test Methods
- Change in Composition
- Non-Compliance with Test Methods
- Change in Production Methods
- Change in Production Technology
- Change in Organizational Technology
- Change in the Quality Management System
- Refusal to Carry out the Inspection Control by the Holder of the Certificate of Conformity
- Refusals to Pay for the Inspection Control by the Holder of the Certificate of Conformity
- Refusals to Monitor EAC Compliance by the Holder of the Certificate of Conformity
Representation for EAC Certification
According to the regulations of the EEU Countries, it is required that the manufacturer must have a registered office in the Common Economic Territory of the EEU States in order to apply for certification. Should that not be the case, a representative of the manufacturer is required to carry out EAC Certification Processes in the EEU States. Often, a business partner of the manufacturer from the EEU States acts as the applicant. In these cases, it is important to take into account that after certification, only this distributor owns the exclusive right of distribution for the entire certification period and must issue an authorization of sales activities for all other distributors.
If you wish to remain independent of individual distributors, we can provide you with a contract person. This task can be carried out by our branch offices in Russia. After successful certification, we will issue an authorization for distribution activity to all your business partners. If over time you decide to part with individual distributors or engage new ones, we will assist you in all your decision making and re-issue the the authorization accordingly.
We offer the following services to our customers:
- Performance of Annual Inspection Checks for EAC Certification
- Consulting for EAC Marking of Various Product Groups
- Performance of Necessary Inspections, Controls and Tests for EAC Certification
- Renewal of EAC Certification and EAC Declaration for Various Product Groups
- Consulting for EAC Certification and EAC Declaration in EEU Countries
For further information regarding EAC Certufucatuin and the process of Inspection Controls, please do not hesitate to contact us.